Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ruger Air Hawk 1200

CAUTION: Airguns are Not Toys and must be handled with Extreme Caution and Safety at All Times. Handle any Airgun as if it were loaded. Always keep it pointed down range or away from any people. Read all directions and cautions before handling. Adult Supervision is strongly advised. Make sure your back stop is adequate to stop any stray rounds or flyers. Never shoot at a hard surface as your bb or pellet may ricochet and strike someone or something unintentionally.

Above : The Ruger Air Hawk is a .177 caliber break barrel, spring piston powered small game air rifle. With a claimed 1,200 fps. There we go with the bloody fps again! I'll be using lead hunting pellets so hopefully I can stay below the sound barrier.


It looks pretty sharp without the scope as well. The wood work on the Air Hawk is very under whelming, that's a negative of sorts I guess. However I have a niece who's pretty handy at making wood look nice. I think we'll have to talk about her doing some custom art work on my Air Hawk. And it really is blank, just maybe that will turn out to be a positive.


This is a small decorative sign I had her make for me a while back. She uses a wood burner and I'm not really sure how she adds the color. But it looks really sweet. As you may have surmised I like to tinker with bicycles from time to time.


If the scope looks familiar it should, I was using it temporarily on the 1377 American Classic that I recently did some mods on. The 4 x 32 scope was fairly easy to sight in the first time, so I expect no problems there. By the way today was the first time I fired the Air Hawk. I had not yet installed the scope, it did really well.

< br/> Honestly, not at all impressed with these ring mounts. Yesterday I received delivery of a new set with two screws top (each side) and bottom. I was going to use them on the new scope for my 1377 American Classic custom. I think I will try them on the Air Hawk and if I am satisfied I`ll order a second set. So we'll pick this up latter. Shoot safe, I'm out. Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment