Friday, September 22, 2017

Cleaning & Talking about The New Crosman P1322 American Classic

CAUTION: Airguns are Not Toys and must be handled with Extreme Caution and Safety at All Times. Handle any Airgun as if it were loaded. Always keep it pointed down range or away from any people. Read all directions and cautions before handling. Adult Supervision is strongly advised. Make sure your back stop is adequate to stop any stray rounds or flyers. Never shoot at a hard surface as your bb or pellet may  ricochet and strike someone or something unintentionally.
Above: My brand spanking new Crosman P1322 American Classic. You might assume that your new pistol is nice and clean and ready to shoot. Well it might be ready to shoot (I said might) but it might not be as clean as you think.
Above; These dirty patches are from cleaning my new P1322. Now don't get me wrong this is normal for most new airguns. At least those in the under 100.00 price range. But what better way to get familiar with your new air gun than to clean it?
Above: After cleaning it I took the P1322 out to the garage range to fire it a few times. I fired fine, but I did notice there was a little more resistance than I expected when I was pumping it up. A few drops of pellgun oil on the side of cup (see pic above) took care of that. I will have to go back and check the specs. Because this P1322 feels more powerful than my 2289 Backpacker. Now for the new stuff on the P1377
The newest style grips. I like these grips a lot as far as "the look" goes. They are very stylish for sure, and match the new design of the fore grip / pump lever. But the feel is not as good as the grips on the modern 2240's. But both feel more solid than the old grips that had the Crosman Logo embossed on the grip. Those definitely needed to go. Overall I like these grips. And who knows, I might even get used to the new feel.

Above: As for the new Fore grip / lever design, I like it. It is a huge improvement over the skinny wood grain brown plastic one on my old 1377. And the new style matches the new style grips nicely. And this pump lever is more comfortable to use than the skinny ass woodgrain plastic one was for sure.




Above: The aforementioned 1377 American classic plastic/wood pump lever next to the new design P1322 American Classic pump lever.
But is it as comfortable as the fore grip / lever was on the 2289 backpacker? Well... I have big palms, so for me definitely not as comfortable as the backpacker grip. But I do think it is a huge improvement over the old plastic wood ones for sure. And for smaller hands, maybe just as good? I don't really know.
Above: Those are screws baby! Not pins, but actual screws! I had to double check before saying this. Both my 2289 Backpacker and my 1377 modified carbine with the backpacker style pump lever have pins. Not sayen pins are bad, but change is good too! I should also mention the Phillips Head screws on the Grips match the fore grip / pump lever perfectly.
Above: Ok I checked the 2289 Backpacker had a claimed Max Velocity of 480 fps. And the new P1322 American Classic has a claimed MAX Velocity of 460 fps. Being the 2289 has the longer barrel I'm gonna say they are about equally powered. The specs on the 2289 Backpacker come from Pyramyd Air.
Above: My 1377 American Classic Carbine. I would like my P1322 A.C. to be a .22 caliber version of my .177 carbine. If I go with the same breech and same length barrel it could make for some good comparison tests. Like fps vs Brute Force, which is really more effective? I would like to do a custom wood stock on this one but OMG they are expensive. But then again, the new grips on my 2240 Co2 Pistol (with the finish work) cost as much as the 2240 pistol originally cost me. And I have no regrets about that. Maybe I'll do a tactical stock that would be a little more cost effective. And that would be a first for me.
Until Next Time, Have Fun But SHOOT SAFE, I'm Out, Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment