Monday, September 4, 2017

CNC Walnut grips and a Stripper!

Airguns are Not Toys and must be handled with Extreme Caution and Safety at All Times. Handle any Airgun as if it were loaded. Always keep it pointed down range or away from any people. Read all directions and cautions before handling. Adult Supervision is strongly advised. Make sure your back stop is adequate to stop any stray rounds or flyers. Never shoot at a hard surface as your bb or pellet may  ricochet and strike someone or something unintentionally.
Above: Here I had this muzzle brake / adaptor with 1/2 x 20 tpi (threads per inch) UNF. All well and good, but 1/2 x 20 tpi UNF is not all that common in the USA. So I ordered this really cool Flash Supressor (what every air gun needs lol) from the UK. Unfortunately it never cleared customs. And now I'm probably on someone's list of international arms dealers! Sister Marie Therese would be so proud :)
So one night while scouring the internet for something cool to attach to my 1/2 x 20 adaptor. I spot this Hatsan Air Stripper .22cal 1/2 x 20. Be still my heart! Could this be real? Hey, what do I have to lose? I ordered it. It finally arrived, and then the moment of truth. Will the threads match. Halleluyah! It fits! It doesn't really take much to excite me these days.
Above: Here's that part number. How does an Air Stripper work you ask? Have you ever seen the explosion of Co2 gas that comes out of the barrel, especially when you have a fresh powerlet and the power adjuster is dialed up. That explosion causes turbulence. And just like on an airplane, turbulence can make for a bumpy ride. Anyway, as the pellet or other projectile exits the barrel it immediately enters the cone shaped tube. This separates the pellet from the turbulence. And because the cone gets wider, it diverts the turbulence out the vents and away from the projectile. This allows the pellet to fly flat or correctly. This minimizes wobble and prevents the pellet from tumbling. Is it necessary? Maybe not, However, with the Air Stripper attached and using the new pistol rest, I was able to do something I have never done before while shooting any air pistol in my garage range. Let me find the pictures brb.
Above: After getting dialed in and hammering the kill zone of this silhouette, I took one shot at each of the over the shoulder targets. The bull's eye on these is about the size of a dime.
Above: I hit both sides on the bull's eye with one shot. Then I called it a night. The distance is 8 yards or 24 feet.
Above: this is my garage range shooting table or station. This night I was shooting seated using the pistol rest.
<~This is the view of the target from behind the shooting table. While the distance isn't great, these silhouette targets are roughly about 1/5  the size of the silhouette targets at the indoor range. So I guess this would be like shooting a full size silhouette target at a much farther distance. That is one of the reasons I like these SplatterBurst targets. Having silhouette targets available that are designed for the smaller home range is awesome. And being able to see where you are hitting the target is priceless. Sometimes I like getting out the 9mm  or the .22  cal target pistol and heading off to the indoor range. But it seems like I always end up next to the guy shooting a cannon. It is not only cheaper to shoot airguns at home, it's a whole lot quieter too.
On the left the Walnut CNC machined grip. I like how these grips go over the safety. And how the grip follows the curvature around the back of the trigger guard.
Here is a better shot of that grip. You can find these on ebay. Today I spotted (on ebay) some custom grips made in England and they were "off the charts cool". Hey that's all I've got for now. I am working on a Crosman 2300S that I am real excited about. I ordered the muzzle brake for it today. And hopefully I'm going to be ordering the grips tomorrow. Until Next Time, Have Fun! But Shoot Safe. I'm out. Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment