Friday, August 25, 2017

1 Crosman 1377 Carbine, 4 Targets, 4 Different Pellets

CAUTION: Airguns are Not Toys and must be handled with Extreme Caution and Safety at All Times. Handle any Airgun as if it were loaded. Always keep it pointed down range or away from any people. Read all directions and cautions before handling. Adult Supervision is strongly advised. Make sure your back stop is adequate to stop any stray rounds or flyers. Never shoot at a hard surface as your bb or pellet may  ricochet and strike someone or something unintentionally.
Today I will be shooting four very different pellets at 3 inch splatter targets. 5 shots each using my Crosman 1377 Carbine at 8 yards.
I took 5 shots at each target in a standing position partial rest. This time I did stabilize my shooting table before starting.
ABOVE: Target No 1 Five shots using the .177 Crosman Premier Hollow Point Lead Hunting Pellets 7.9 gr. I was not at all surprised with the results. For some reason this carbine does not like this particular hollow point. I took extra care to shoot my best, but the result was the same.
ABOVE:Target No 2 (On center) Pellet RWS Diabolo Basic 7.0 gr. I wasn't expecting these to work this well. This 1.77 wadcutter works pretty well with my 1377 American Classic. This is good news. They did not work well in the last airgun I tried them in.
ABOVE: Target No 3 Crosman Lead Premium Grade Pointed Hunting pellets 7.4 gr Not surprised at all. I have always had good results with these pellets shooting my Crosman 1377 as well as the old Crosman Model 66 C rifle. It is true, Crosman Airguns like Crosman Pellets. This is about as good a group as I ever shoot. I have used these pellets in the past on small rodents and some birds with great success. Hey sometimes you have to protect the garden.
Above: Target No 4 The JSB Match EXACT RS--DIABOLO 7.33 gr. I expected these might do well, as they are somewhat similar in shape (skirt) to the Crosman Hunting Pellets. Other than my one bad shot, these grouped the tightest today. I knew the one shot was bad as soon as I squeezed the trigger. I'm sure you know that feeling. So judging by the other 4 shots, I think we have another winner! I can't wait to use these pellets again, and see if I can't match or better this result.
I would like to say first I don't know the folks who make these fine targets. And I don't get them for free or anything like that. I would however like to recommend these Splatterburst Targets 100%. Both the Splatterburst Silhouette Targets and the Splatterburst Spot targets. I have found these targets make it easy to make windage and elevation adjustments "on the fly". No more walking back and forth to see where I am hitting the targets. They have made my garage airgun range even more fun than it already was. And by the way, They are Made in the USA. Until Next Time Have Fun but Shoot Safe. Only Fools Ignore the Rules. I'm out, Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment