Friday, September 15, 2017

Crosman Arms Co. Inc. V-350 Slide Action bb Air Rifle. Produced from 1962 1969

CAUTION: Airguns are Not Toys and must be handled with Extreme Caution and Safety at All Times. Handle any Airgun as if it were loaded. Always keep it pointed down range or away from any people. Read all directions and cautions before handling. Adult Supervision is strongly advised. Make sure your back stop is adequate to stop any stray rounds or flyers. Never shoot at a hard surface as your bb or pellet may  ricochet and strike someone or something unintentionally.
ABOVE: MY Crosman V 350 SLIDE ACTION B.B. RIFLE. If what I have read so far is correct, the V 350's were produced from 1961 through 1969. But the technology goes back well into the 1800's.
I have also read that the V 350 indicates that this air rifle was capable of launching a bb down range at 350 fps. And the SLIDE ACTION describes the cocking mechanism.
Above: The Loading Directions. This was taken from a PDF file that Crosman has made available.
Above: This was taken from a PDF file that Crosman has made available online. The Shooting directions. I wonder how many people failed to read the instructions and shot themselves in the palm of the hand. I think the indicator holes for checking if the bb is chambered and another to indicate if the rifle is cocked are both great design features. When I was given this bb rifle from a friend who inherited it, I really had no idea about these features. He knew how to load it and cock it and fire it and that was about it.
Above: Top line reads CROSMAN ARMS CO INC bottom line reads FAIRPORT, NY. MADE IN USA. The engraving on the barrel is deep and also serves as a hand grip surface for cocking the bb rifle.
Above:This was taken from a PDF file that Crosman has made available online.  How to lubricate the V 350 . Which I did immediately after reading this.
Above:This was taken from a PDF file that Crosman has made available online. This diagram shows the lubrication points as well as identifying other parts such as the loading port.
Above: Here you can see the holes that are shown on the diagram above. The extra hole (third back from the front) is the mounting hole for the missing rear sight. I check ebay from time to time for the rear sight, but haven't found one yet.
Above: A view of the V 350 from the other side.
Above: A view of the trigger guard and trigger. I really like that vintage trigger and it is surprisingly comfortable to use.
As for the stock I have not refinished it. I have touched it up with a "Furniture Repair Marker" . These markers come in a set with about 6 different shades. They are great for touching up all your wood work around the house as well.
Above:This was taken from a PDF file that Crosman has made available online.
These safety instructions are pretty basic, but all good advice. I think if you could you go back in time in America, especially in rural America. I think you would find that people were more familiar with firearms, as they were more apart of everyday life. Being a city kid, I first learned to shoot at our Local "Boy's Clubs of America". We might have been shooting air rifles just like this one, but I honestly don't remember. That was after all 50 years ago, but it is definitely possible.
Above: The old V-350 does show some wear. My friend did tell me it was on a farm that he visited regularly as a boy. I am sure it was put to good use.
Above: I do shoot this air rifle from time to time, just enough to keep it from freezing up. At some point I would like to Shoot it through a Chrony just to see how close to 350 fps it can still shoot.
BELOW: I hope you are able to blow up or zoom in on the next diagram. (Also from a pdf file Crosman has made available online) The prices are unbelievable !

Until Next Time. Have Fun but Shoot Safe! I'm out Hugh

8 comments:

  1. Me greenpugh I am looking for a rear sight and elevator for my v-350 air rifle any advice would be awesome my email address iskshaker29@gmail.com thanks John White

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was unable to locate an original rear sight for my V-350. I think your best bet might be to watch ebay. Once in a while a V-350 (sold for parts) will appear. Also you might check the crosman airgun forums. Maybe someone has one they would be willing to sell or swap for. Good Luck, Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much are these rifles worth I have unoriginal that's in great shape except for the rear sight yes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what they are going for right now. But I was disappointed when I found one in excellent condition (in the box) for about 60.00 if i remember right. After seeing that i gave it to a friend to give to his grandson..

      Delete
  4. Hugh... I found my older brothers v-350 and it's in rough shape. Covered with rust but it still cocks and fires. I was debating on tearing it completely down and refurbishing it for him as a Christmas or birthday present. Any thoughts? I know that he'd never get rid of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely check for parts availability before taking it apart. It will probably need new seals. Good Luck

      Delete
  5. Crossman generally has parts even for the vintage rifles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already tried Crosman, But thanks for the thought

    ReplyDelete